How To Increase The Value Of A Home Before Selling
Updated: Jan 18
If you're looking to sell your home, it's natural to want to get the highest possible price. One way to do this is to increase the value of your home before putting it on the market. Here are some hypothetical scenarios to look at:
1. A couple in Miami made necessary repairs to their home, including fixing the roof and updating the electrical system. They also painted the exterior and added some landscaping to increase the home's curb appeal. As a result, they were able to sell their home for $20,000 more than they originally expected.
2. A family in Orlando decided to update their kitchen and bathrooms before selling their home. They replaced the old appliances and countertops, and added new fixtures. When they put the home on the market, it received multiple offers and sold for $25,000 above the asking price.
3. A couple in Tampa wanted to increase the value of their home before selling, so they added energy-efficient windows and insulation. They also installed a new energy-efficient heating and cooling system. The upgrades not only saved them money on their utility bills, but they also helped the home sell for $30,000 more than they had originally hoped for.
4. A family in St. Petersburg staged their home before putting it on the market. They rearranged the furniture, added some colorful accents, and removed clutter. The home received multiple offers and sold for $15,000 above the asking price.
5. A couple in Fort Lauderdale made a few small upgrades to their home, including painting the exterior and adding some outdoor lighting. They also made their home more energy efficient by installing energy-efficient appliances. As a result, they were able to sell their home for $40,000 more than they had anticipated.
I hope these scenarios are helpful to you by giving you an idea of what to look for or things to check before selling a home so you can get the highest price possible. These are just examples only and real world results may vary, but these give an idea of how effective can be to increase the value of a home before selling by implementing some of the ideas mentioned before.
To save you from any of these hassle give Foxy Home Buyer a call. Just dial 866.404.3699 and we’ll give you an offer in as little as 9 minutes and with our Guaranteed Sold Program we will buy your home for the highest possible price AS-IS. No renovations needed. No more decluttering. No more staging. We'll handle all the hassle.